Are you an engineer who is looking for exciting projects in heavy machinery and offshore handling equipment? We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer with ambition and capacity to grow to join our team.
As Design Engineer you will work in teams together with motivated colleagues such as other Design Engineers and Structural engineers on heavy engineering projects mainly for handling, lifting and supporting materials and equipment.
In this function you will have the following tasks:
• Carry out structural analysis and (concept) designs together with the lead engineer.
• Focus on translating customer demands and problems into realistic and economically sound solutions that are supported by technical calculations (RFEM, MatchCAD).
• Modelling/Drafting of designs in 3D (SolidWorks);
• Checking MTO-lists, 2D arrangements and workshop drawings;
• Preparation of technical project documentation;
• Actively investigate and promote process improvements within the organization.
You work well in teams and have a flexible and creative attitude. You are also able to efficiently and accurately complete projects within budget and schedule. You feel at home in a team of driven and enthusiastic colleagues who work together in continuous improvement. You can identify yourself in the core values of TILLEN.
Education and experience
• You possess a Secondary vocational or Higher professional Education degree in the direction of mechanical engineering (pre) or civil engineering;
• You have (preferably) 5 years of experience in a similar position.
Expertise and skills
• Experience with 3D and 2D CAD tools, preferably SolidWorks;
• Good sense for reasonable shape and place tolerances, weld indications;
• Good insight in degrees of freedom on mechanical systems and strength / stiffness issues;
• You are inventive and creative in finding solutions to structural challenges;
• You communicate well in English, both spoken and written.
When you are interested in this position, please respond by email with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org