The Hub Rotating Tool is used for the installation of the wind turbine’s hub. After the installation, the Hub Rotating Tool is used to rotate the hub in such a way that the turbine blades can be installed horizontally, facilitating this process significantly.
The Hub Rotating Tool can be operated from a safe distance, taking away the requirement for people to operate in possible unsafe circumstances. This tool is designed with three lifting points, to which the crane can attach without any external help. The Hub Rotating tool can be folded up, so that it fits in a 40’ shipping container, making it easy to transport.
The TILLEN-added value:
● Full design, including:
– Structural verification;
– Shop drawings;
– Development of all docking points and lifting interfaces.
● Development of Proof load arrangement;
● Development, design and execution of test procedure;
● Fabrication management;
● Preparation of CE-certification.
● NEN-EN 13001;
● NEN-EN 13155;
● 2006-42-EC Machinery Directive.
Facts and figures:
● 23 tons self-weight;
● 16 m in length (operational configuration);
● Designed for containerized transport;
● Self-aligning docking points.